School Registration now open for 2018-19 school year
Please make sure to registeryour child soon for the 2018-19 school year. If you have a child currently in preschool (ECE) through Grade 7, you will need to complete the District registration and fee payment process online. Registration will consist of an online application, fee payments, PTO registration and other PTO items, D181 Foundation information, and residency documentation. All families will also be asked to complete a new Affidavit of Residency form in the online application. Registration will be held from April 16-May 6. More information and directions can be found here.
Core classes, enrichment and camps offered this summer
Registration has begun for the D181 2018 Summer Learning Program. It runs from Monday, June 11, through Friday, June 29 at Prospect School, 100 N. Prospect, Clarendon Hills. The deadline for registering is May 25.
Registration for current D181 residents must be made onlineat www.d181.org> Schools > Summer Learning Program. Registration for anyone living outside of D181 boundaries begins May 11. Fees are $175 for a one-hour class and $350 for a two-hour class.
The program includes a variety of classes for students currently in Pre K through 7th grade including nine different art classes, two foreign language classes, 18 language arts classes, eight math classes, three science and technology classes and a creative writing classes. Enrichment classes are also offered in a variety of subjects and grades. (Grade levels noted are based on completed 2017-2018 grade levels):
- 1, 2, 3 Let’s Read, Write and Learn (Grades 1, 2)
- STEAM Into Summer (Grades K, 1, 2, 3, 4)
- 6th Grade Boot Camp (Grade 5)
- Active Learners (Grades K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- I Like to Move It (Grades 2, 3, 4)
- I Wonder (Grades 2, 3)
- Mythology Around the World (Grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Spend the Summer with Shakespeare (Grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Your World, My World (Grades 2, 3)
The District 181 Summer Learning Program will also feature three unique camps:
- Early Childhood (preschool) Summer Camp for children currently enrolled in the D181 preschool program, 9 to 11:30 a.m. ($400)
- Theatre Camp “Silver Screen on Stage” for any D181 student currently in 4th through 8th grade, 12:30-4 p.m. June 11-15, at Hinsdale Middle School ($175)
- Band and Orchestra classes (private lessons) for any D181 students currently in 4th through 8th grades, starts June 7 at Clarendon Hills Middle School. Lessons are scheduled between 8 a.m. and noon ($100 for four lessons)
Class sizes are limited. Classes will be closed once the maximum enrollment has been reached. Registration is not considered completed until all fees have been paid.
Program questions should be directed to Summer School Administrator Rocky May at RMay@D181.org. Registration questions should be directed to Jan Martin at JMartin@D181org.
‘Stuff the Squad’ April 24-27
All District 181 elementary schools and the Hinsdale Police Department will try to “Stuff the Squad” with non-perishable food items and dry goods the week of April 24 in an effort to help stock the HCS Family Services food pantry in the village. A Hinsdale squad car will be at Madison School April 24, Monroe School April 25, Oak School April 26 and The Lane School April 27 from 8:15 to 9 a.m. Students and their families may drop off their donated items from 8:15 to 8:40 a.m. Community members should drop off their items between 8:45 and 9 a.m.