The Oak School PTO promotes connections between school and home, provides timely communication, and presents many opportunities for parents to support and enhance the Oak School experience for the students, school community, and Oak families. What does the PTO do?
The PTO supports the following:
- Hootiegram- weekly email newsletter with important information and dates for Oak School events and activities.
- Homeroom Representatives - 28 parent volunteers support homerooms, coordinate school to home communications and help plan homeroom events (i.e. holiday parties, special occasions, teacher gifts, etc.)
- School Directory- updated annually and available online.
- Community Speaker Series- provides programs and resources to help parents better understand the educational experience in our district and support the parenting of students in and out of the classroom
- PTO Website- information about current Oak School activities
- Committees- support and run all 32 Oak School committees including Staff Appreciation, Blah Buster, Weekly Lunch-In, Parent/Child Events, Holiday Market, Welcome for new parents, Oak Parent Night, 5th Grade Events, Culture Night/International Fest, Science Fair, and Field Day.
- Enrichment- provides afterschool programs for students K-5 at school
- Angel Fund- family assistance to defray additional costs of school.
We have 216 parent volunteers who comprise our Oak School executive board committees and room parents. We work together to make Oak School and our community the best for our students. Your contribution to the PTO determines whether school events happen.
Donate! Contributions are gratefully accepted online
Volunteer! If you would like to help with any of our activities please sign up on the Oak School website
Volunteer Oak PTO 2022-23
The Oak PTO Mission-Build a stronger school community between student families, parents and staff.-Secure for every child the highest advantages of education through the united efforts of Oak School staff and student’s parents.-Publicize D181 notices, events and information that will benefit Oak School parents. -Enhance and support the curriculum at Oak School through appropriate supplemental programs and materials not normally offered by IL public school District 181. -Support local educational opportunities for parents pertaining to children’s social, emotional and academic well being. -Facilitate communications between the student’s homes and Oak School.
- Tuesday, May 30
- Wednesday, May 31
- Thursday, June 1
- Friday, June 2
- Thursday, June 8
- Thursday, June 15
- Wednesday, June 21
Covid-19 Safety Procedures
Report an absence and stay up to date on latest COVID-19 safety procedures by visiting the the D181 homepage.